Saturday, September 20, 2008

Vaction

This weekend Wayne was able to go to Mammoth. Wayne has only gone there one other time but said it was the most fun he has ever had. Wayne LOVES down hill riding! So, I decided that when Wayne goes away on bike trips, the kids and I would have our own vacation. The first time he was gone we set up tents in the house. No tents this time but we still had a lot of fun. We went to BJ's restaurant in Burbank and had dinner and a yummy dessert. Then headed over to the mall to play. The kids love playing there. Jade calls it the park. On our way home Josh told me that our vacation was much funner then daddy's. Then later today (Saturday) Brian and Amy invited us to go to Palmer Skate Park in Glendale. Brian has been really excited to take Josh there. It's one of the first cement parks so it's small. Perfect for Josh to start messing around on. Josh brought his bike and his board. He had a blast. It was funny, the kids his age were so impressed to see him on his skateboard. They all gathered around him and wanted to try. I over heard some of the bigger kids say he'll be pro by the time he's our age.

Jade had lots of fun playing with Kealia until she had a big fall. After that she was done. The girls play so well with each other it is so cute.

I love to take pictures but Jade is in this funk where she won't let me take her picture. She turns her head or runs. It drives me nuts. I can't believe that I didn't think about getting a picture of us in front of BJ's or about getting a picture of Wayne before they left. At least my late thinking was able to get them driving away. It was funny, the bike rack was about as big as the car. Here are some of the pictures I did take.

Wayne just got back! It's nice to have him home safely (except for his injured knee).



Wayne leaving for Mammoth


Some of the kids checking out Josh's Sk8board



Uncle Brian and Josh waiting their turn


"classic Jade"

This was shortly after her fall so she was mad
Love how she fold her arms!


Jade smiling pretty for me
(at least she is letting me take her picture)

3 comments:

Jones said...

I'm THRILLED you started a blog!! It's great to see pictures of the kids...and Amy's kids!

You guys sound like your doing great. I was truly bummed we didn't get together while we were there! :(

great to hear from ya!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

cuteness with Jade!! LOVE the attitude! and that is awesome that Josh is so good on his skateboard already!!! tell Wayne hello for us!

Megan C. said...

My mom sent me the link to your blog - I love how the internet keeps everyone connected. First we're Facebook friends. Now we can be blog friends :-) My blog is at dalmegcoffman.blogspot.com
Your second cousin (is that what we are?)
Megan